24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-06 23:16:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

Still no final call on show's lifetime.

I'm posting this here because it contains no spoilers and eventually this section will become the season 8 section. so...

According to iF magazine, there still is no final call as to whether s8 will be the last for 24 or not. but Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly says the decision will have to be made within the next couple of months.

“It’s our last contractual season of 24,” he says. “There are a lot of moving parts, so we’re not sure what will happen after that.”

Reilly does say Kiefer Sutherland is still as enthusiastic as the first day he began on the show and that another season or possibly a theatrical movie isn’t out of the question.

“We haven’t made any decision whether it’s back or not,” Reilly admits. “The producers are passionate, Kiefer is passionate and we don’t have any of them looking to jump ship. It’s a show we’re really proud of. It’s going to come down to a business decision. It’s not an inexpensive show on the network books and we also want to finish strong. This is not a show we want to prop up. It will be a whole creative and business discussion and something we’ll have to deal with over the next few months.”

I know the fan base is divided into two, and as much as I would miss 24 when it ends, I've always wanted it to end BEFORE no one cares any more. and I doubt they can avoid that if they keep going too long (although the definition of 'too long' is a twisted one and dependent on who utters those words. we won't get into that here)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-08-07 20:53:01

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Still no final call on show's lifetime.

When it is the last season, I want them to go into the season knowing it's the last season.

It's so very hard to know when enough is enough, by wiping the storylines so completely clean each season the show doesn't have a sense of "drawing to a close" like some shows do as they enter there final years, knowing that the clock is slowly ticking and they start to move pieces slowly around for the last arc(s).

I fear 24's end could be very "sudden"

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2009-08-07 21:58:06

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Still no final call on show's lifetime.

I agree... it could be very sudden.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer