24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-23 19:17:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

24 - The Game vs Splinter Cell

so I saw this topic on another forum and figured, since you guys are gamers and my brother says SC is so great, maybe I could learn something from ya. So, which one is it for you? Which is a better play?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-04-30 17:35:24

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: 24 - The Game vs Splinter Cell

You obviously posted thys a little while ago, but i'm replying now as i've just seen this topic.

Good question. It's odd that really the games are not as a like as you might think, though you have to play them in order to figure that out. The biggest difference is that really, Splinter Cell is really hard!, or atleast for me, my brother, and even me and my brother playing the 2 player mode together. It's a lot more precise. The margin of error is quite small.

24 is for anyone whose ever played anything similar is pretty much pick up and play, though it's appeal isn't really just in the playing or the difficulty of it, it's in cut scenes, and the feeling that your somehow part of the '24' universe.

SC has to create that from scratch. But from what i'm played of it, it does a good job.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-30 17:46:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, thanks for picking this up smile

I've just had a trial experience with both games, i.e. I played a little bit of 24 back when I was visiting Petal last year and I actually more or less watched my brother play SC and get stuck in a place he didn't know how to get out of. hehe. (ok, the 24 game had that ready for me on the first level too. lol. but that's because I have actually never played computer games, let alone PS / PS2).

I agree, the magnet that would draw me to the 24 game is really the opportunity to feel in the 24 universe. SC might be good (and my brother says it's so much better than 24 - although I'm not sure how much experience he actually has with 24TG) but it just lacks that blonde guy who's been acting as a trigger-happy lone wolf for 6 years now wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-04-30 17:54:39

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

a trigger-happy lone wolf for 6 years now wink

lol

I have heard that the voice of Dennis Haysbert maybe lurking in one of the most recent SC games, though i've not had confirmation of this.

In the past i've had a lot of experience with PS/2 games, though less and less recently.

The 24 game is for the most part a perfect experience for a mad 24 fan, the only thing it lacks in the ability to simply walk around the CTU "Set" - which I would have loved. It should have been a bonus once you'd finished the game, to walk round CTU and talk to some papershufflers.... maybe ask out Kim ...... followed by Jack hearing ... followed by You, Jack, The Interrogation Room and the unplugging of the CCTV camera.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2007-04-30 18:56:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

It should have been a bonus once you'd finished the game, to walk round CTU and talk to some papershufflers.... maybe ask out Kim ...... followed by Jack hearing ... followed by You, Jack, The Interrogation Room and the unplugging of the CCTV camera.

ROTFLMAO!!!! dan, your imagination is priceless!!! lol

tony.jpg

#6 2007-05-28 02:44:34

Sam Smith

24 is better than any game because its 24. 'nuff said!

but i love the splinter cell games. but nowere near as good as 24.

i really want a game like 24 right now... sad

presidentoj5.jpg

#7 2008-02-15 12:22:49

Past Present Fortune

Being 100% honest any of the Splinter Cell games absolutely crush 24: The Game but as I am a fan of the 24 show I had to buy the game to fill in some small gaps that were left in the show.

#8 2008-09-18 15:00:14

ChloeFan817

I have played Splinter Cell and 24 and I would have to say 24 is better.
I think its better because it has more action and it has more of a tension probably due to the fact that you are constantly timed but thats because it is 24.
Also you get to play as the other characters like Tony,Michelle,Chase,Kim,its really cool.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

Board footer