24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-14 13:28:45

hardy24
Administrator
Website

The Wire

I wondered if anyone one else watches "The Wire", I bought the first season on DVD on a recommendation and i've raced through it, it's truly great TV, because really it doesn't feel like TV, it's very hard to describe, it's almost like watching a Novel come alive.

For those who don't know what i'm talking about The Wire is a cop drama which aired on HBO in the U.S., and has become very popular in the UK on DVD. But it's not really like any regular cop show, it's very detailed, very realistic, doesn't really follow any of the traditional TV drama rules, never any real cliffhangers at the end of episodes, it's more likely to let a thought from a conversation hang in the air for the viewer to ponder on while the credits roll.

So anyone else seen this?

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2008-09-14 18:54:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: The Wire

nope, i have to say i have never even heard of it. it looks like a very atypical thing from what you're saying but could be my thing! lol. so has it ever been aired on tv in the uk? or has it just been a straight-to-dvd release that somehow hit it with the fans?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-09-14 19:01:50

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: The Wire

jack_addict wrote:

nope, i have to say i have never even heard of it. it looks like a very atypical thing from what you're saying but could be my thing! lol. so has it ever been aired on tv in the uk? or has it just been a straight-to-dvd release that somehow hit it with the fans?

From what I've heard it has been aired in the UK, but not in particularly prominent channels or timeslots, and most of the fans in the UK will either have seen it by way of DVD's or illegal downloads. 

But yeah, i'm hooked, just finishing the last disc now, already got the second season on it's way from Amazon.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

Board footer