24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-06 21:35:49

24nut
Website

24 shuts down production until October 9th for rewrite

The cast and crew are up to episode 18 and are taking a short break from production until October 9th. The reason for this is that the crew and especially Howard Gordan aren't happy with the direction the plot was taking for the final 6 episodes. This doesn't however mean that 24 will be delayed again, they are ahead of schedule due to 8 episodes being completed before the writers strike. So what you guys think? At least they are using some free time to get it right.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/09/exclusive-24.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-20080906-%2724%27+to+shut+down+for+rewrites

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2008-09-07 22:25:33

Steveb

Re: 24 shuts down production until October 9th for rewrite

Sounds reasonable. They can't afford to make mistakes and they have the time and resources to do it right, so why not.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2008-09-16 18:27:36

Dyslexicon
Website

This is the kind of thing they should have done with Season 6.  Hell, any of the seasons would have benefitted from some prior planning.

I aim to misbehave.

#4 2008-09-16 18:35:57

J_A
Administrator
Website

yes, i think this is probably the first season that will have been completely written and probably almost completely filmed prior to its airing. it remains to be hoped that they will have done everything humanly possible to get it right and, like steve said, not make any mistakes.

having said that, I'm convinced that, if they haven't changed the writing team substantially (i.e. replaced it with some people who have actually watched the show in its early years) there is no guarantee that however much time they have, things won't go wrong.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2008-09-16 19:43:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, it's been very clear down the years, more planning = better season.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#6 2008-09-16 21:10:24

J_A
Administrator
Website

i'm still keeping my dose of scepticism, as with everything we've heard so far, things do seem somewhat messy. but i wish for nothing more than for them to get it right and pull me back up to the mother ship.

(well, maybe, I do wish more for the Alice Cooper tour to hit the stage next year, but that's in a future further than the season start of s7 wink)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer