24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-17 11:22:14

deadmanmoz

For Americans

Hi American folk,

I have a few questions for you all.

Im coming over to America in 2008 to travel for as long as i can and had a few questions you may be able to help me with:

1. What do you guys understand as the working visa law and also how long someone can stay in country without a visa?

2. I once remember there being several companies that when a family relocates across America and either flies or drives a van to their new home, this company arrange for the families cars to be driven to them so they dont have to ship them. This company would use travellers, like myself, to drive the cars. Then the traveller only has to pay petrol costs not hire costs. Does anybody have ANY information about such companies, where i would find them, how i would find them?

3. What are you suggestions on travelling America? Renting a car and staying in motels, renting a campervan thus avoiding motels, flying from big city to big city or using the rgehound buses?

4. What sights, perhaps not so touristy, would you recommend seeing?

5. What sort of prices are flights from East to West Coast?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, especially to question 2

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#2 2007-04-17 16:50:35

24nut
Website

Re: For Americans

well you get the visa and stay for a certain amount of time, but there is nothing to stop you crossing borders all the time.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2007-04-18 09:38:20

deadmanmoz

oh okay, so i could get a visa, stay for X amount of time. When that time is running across go to Mexico or Canada for a day/week???? and then get a whole new visa to return back into America?

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#4 2007-04-18 16:02:32

24nut
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

oh okay, so i could get a visa, stay for X amount of time. When that time is running across go to Mexico or Canada for a day/week???? and then get a whole new visa to return back into America?

yeah, i knew someone that is in thailand and when their visa runs out they go to Burma for a day and then go back big_smile

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2007-04-18 19:11:33

M F Luder

Mozz, as far as I remember, if you are a national of a country participating in the Visa Waiver Program(which the EU countries are) and do not need a visa for a business trip or vacationing, you can stay in the US up to 90 days. I myself haven't ever stayed that long since my exchange year, but having filled out the forms numerous times I do remember the time big_smile.

But if you intend to work in the US, you indeed need the appropriate visa. Your best source of information would probably be one of the US embassies or consulates in the UK and their webpage and the US State Dept. webpage.

As far as sights, that I've checked out Wash. DC is a pretty good place to wander in for numerous days. And Niagara Falls, too smile.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#6 2007-04-18 19:56:56

J_A
Administrator
Website

then you could also check out the grand canyon, the yosemite national park, all the disneylands and disneyworlds, Sea World, NYC and the florida keys, then of course los angeles, san francisco and the rest of california, phoenix and las vegas, the death valley, the rocky mountains, new england and martha's vineyard, oh, not to forget the nappa valley if you like wine and to top if off, go to hawaii big_smile. any questions? wink tongue big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-04-19 11:46:42

deadmanmoz

Thanks guys.
I will keep going with my research.
up to 90days is all good, but thats only 3months and i wanted to go for 6-7months!
Although worst case i could always do it in 90days!

As for the suggestions of tourist places, thanks peeps.
I've seen florida keys, disney and universal, seaworld and NY (Although would do NY again)
But the rest, yes sound good to me!

And Marthas Vineyard, wonderful suggestion JA, love it!
I wonder if any places from jaws are still recognisable!

#8 2007-04-20 23:20:13

24crazy
Website

I would definantly suggest checking Los Angelas/Hollywood, it's awesome and you meet very cool and interesting people there. smile

#9 2007-04-20 23:31:59

J_A
Administrator
Website

and when you're on the hawaii islands, make sure you go up to one of the vulcanoes big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer