24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-22 21:58:36

hardy24
Administrator
Website

24: Season 1 Special Edition DVD!!!!!! All Rejoice!!!

I knew this day would come, Fox are rereleasing Season 1, but with extras!!!!, all fans rejoice!. Now I can replace by battered, falling apart season boxset which has been leant to every person I know with a cool metal cover special edition set, which I will never let out of my sight!!!!

Lookie at the cover.....

24_S1SE.jpg

Extras.....

Extras include (items in bold are extras not found on original release) :-

* Season One Introduction by Kiefer Sutherland
    * All-new documentary The Genesis of 24
    * Five extended episodes (7:00PM – 8:00PM; 10:00PM – 11:00PM; 8:00PM – 9:00PM; 11:00PM – 12:00AM; 9:00PM – 10:00PM)
    * 25 extended / deleted scenes
    * Never-before-seen alternate season finale ending #2
    * Commentary on the series premiere episode (12:00AM-1:00AM) by director Stephen Hopkins and Director of Photography Peter Levy
    * Commentary on the series finale episode (11:00PM-12:00AM) by director Stephen Hopkins and actress Leslie Hope
    * The Rookie online short films (sponsored by Degree)
          o “Coffee Run”
          o “Get This To…”
    * Alternate season finale ending (with optional commentary by executive producer Joel Surnow)

For me the most interesting extras will be the commentaries on both the pilot and the series finale, it will be incredibly interesting to hear Stephen Hopkins, one of the key architects of the show’s unique style talk about these two key episodes. As well as to hear Leslie Hope talk about the series finale.

At the moment they've only announced an region 1 release date of may 20th, but I'm sure a region 2 release will follow. Expected to sell at $60, region 2 release when it comes will probably be about £40 - £50.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2008-02-23 12:09:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 24: Season 1 Special Edition DVD!!!!!! All Rejoice!!!

these are good news, dan smile. is this going to be a limited edition or simply a special edition, do you have any idea? i don't really have the extra cash to buy a season i already own again, but the extras do sound interesting - maybe for later wink.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-02-23 12:11:29

Steveb

I could quite happily stare at the image all day. It's about bloody time, lol. Very intrigued by the second alternate ending and the deleted scenes, although I think they'll probably be superfluous than in later seasons. The Genesis of 24 sounds brilliant, I'd love to know the thought process behind the initial idea.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2008-02-23 12:25:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

these are good news, dan smile. is this going to be a limited edition or simply a special edition, do you have any idea?

I don't have information to indicate it will be a limited edition. It's possible only a certain number of the metal/tin case editions will be made but i'm certain it will be more than enough to meet the initial demand. After which the same set may be repackaged in a more traditional cardboard slip thing.

i don't really have the extra cash to buy a season i already own again, but the extras do sound interesting - maybe for later wink.

Ah, yes I know what you mean, but i'm powerless to resist. I've been waiting for this set for 7 years, and it's got just about everything I'd hoped for. I have no freewill when it comes to this decision. Arrangements have already been made to sell a limb, or maybe my brother should the need arise.

Steveb wrote:

I could quite happily stare at the image all day.

I know what you mean.

It's about bloody time, lol.

Yeah, the timing seems a more than a little concidental, as if Fox are offering this up as compensation for no new 24.

Very intrigued by the second alternate ending and the deleted scenes, although I think they'll probably be superfluous than in later seasons. The Genesis of 24 sounds brilliant, I'd love to know the thought process behind the initial idea.

Yeah, I just hope the documentaries live up to expectations. Though I'm especcially intrigued to hear a commentary on a season finale episode, something none of the previous boxsets have done.

Oh, I have also heard some rumours the set may include a longer S7 trailer, but I don't have any confirmation of that.

#5 2008-02-23 15:05:12

Past Present Fortune

Like I wrote on the home page of this website... it looks pretty cool, if it gets a region 2 release I'll be sure to buy it.

#6 2008-02-27 00:46:14

hardy24
Administrator
Website

According to this....
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/24-Season-1-Kiefer-Sutherland/dp/B0014BJ16S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204070522&sr=1-1)

It will be released for all regions on 20th of May.

No word on the pricing for region 2 though.

#7 2008-03-04 09:51:04

24nut
Website

sweet, its about time, although it will never replace my original copy, but shall be a nice adition to my collection. thanks for the heads up. wink

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#8 2008-03-12 11:50:05

Past Present Fortune

24nut wrote:

sweet, its about time, although it will never replace my original copy, but shall be a nice adition to my collection. thanks for the heads up. wink

That's true, it will never replace my season 1 box set but again it will be a nice addition to my 24 collection.

Board footer