24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-09 22:35:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

article on 24, public scruteny and season 7

a longish article about 24, its problems with public opinion (how things have changed since 9/11) and its rise and fall, but also about the creative process that lead to season 7, which i thought was rather interesting if you still care for s7. about what the reinvention of the show was supposed to be about and what it turned out to be.

of course, it all ties to torture yet again, but the WSJ goes a bit further, in that they show how the show's stance on torture has been tied to the increasingly unpopular Bush administration, and now both Bush and Bauer are struggling. (check out the "stock market"-like flash animation

some of the things there were a bit of a stab, though, for example that at some point during the ponderings about the reinvention, they were going to have jack go rogue and be bad but decided they couldn't do that. and thus came up with what they've shown us in the preview, causing my first thought to be, yeah so they're just destroying tony's legacy instead. but anyway, it's a decent read and I don't know if you've already seen it, so I'm posting it here. might be something for the main site?

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB120189888101136151.html

source: wall street journal,
found on www.tonyalmeida-hesnotdead.com

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer