24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#51 2007-11-07 06:18:22

ssfsx17

Re: Season 7 Preview

Maybe Tony's plan is to force the government to realize that it's powerless to stop him or anyone like him unless it reinstates the CTU?

#52 2007-11-09 11:50:48

24nut
Website

True, but i dont think they are gona do a storyline to reinstate the same CTU that they just scrapped because the CTU aspect of the show was getting dull.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#53 2007-11-09 19:15:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

i don't see that either.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#54 2008-01-13 12:37:12

J_A
Administrator
Website

I was checking out spoilers for s7 last night, and I watched an interview with kiefer about s7 and was actually glad to see that his reaction to it was the following: "that's not possible, i watched him die, and if for whatever reason he was still alive, there is NO WAY he would be involved in this".
thank you, kiefer. let's hope he's still one of the exec's on the show despite his jail time and that he might still have a word in determining how things end for tony... even though... the fact that they brought tony back despite what he felt was impossible tells me otherwise.

and then, it got me thinking about just how revamped 24 can actually become. I mean, season 7 has no CTU but we still have a government agency, it's simply another three-letter-acronym, there's still the president, there's still a national security emergency, there's still chloe and bill (whomever they're supporting...) - just HOW different CAN the storyline be?...

and then this:

Jack starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. [He's] not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government... We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device [and] the villain is not a terrorist [but] someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world.

Writer and Executive Producer Michael Loceff has confirmed, "what we are going for, is really taking this to the personal level, Next season expect smaller story lines for the characters, including Jack. Loceff adds, "and how he tries to resolve a particularly thorny conflict in the final episode." Loceff tells us Season 7 will focus on smaller and more intense story lines.

howard gordon: "He's definitely NOT the Almeida we once knew."

Fox President Peter Liguori said: "We’ve really heard what the loyal audience has said to us. The good news is simply this: It has really fueled the show runners to be more daring with what they're going to do next year."

I wonder if they REALLY listened. what he meant was that season 6 sucked, (that's from the interview where he says that), but does that really mean we want them to be more daring and shed MORE blood of people we love? I don't know. to me, all this sounds like tony's actual last minutes are being counted down and this time they'll kill him for good and give him the silent clock. if this is all about correcting that mistake, i'd rather have left him for dead without the silent clock than watching him die again just to give him that "honor"....

ok, SPOILERS about filming COMING UP. so don't read unless you don't care.

then I was watching clips of kiefer filming, saw a few (admittedly cute) photos of carlos - and hey, he is actually sporting a BEARD, not only a soulpatch big_smile, and reading about filming in washington and georgetown. one part of one report said the following:

"From my vantage point on the opposite corner (about 50-75 yards away), it seemed as if Tony and Jack were working together or such, because there didn't seem to be any force or anger in the way they approached the house, however one of the prop-masters had been prepping a handgun that he ran over to Kiefer, so he may have had that to force Tony to head to the house. Both of these were shot many times over, and between takes you could see kiefer smoking, joking with carlos and enjoying his time on set "

tony and jack talked, walked across the street and entered the house. clearly, this still doesn't say how things will end for tony, but at least it doesn't seem like jack kills him the first moment he sees him... at least. what thoughts do you guys have on this? even being aware that everything we hear at this point must be taken with a pinch of salt

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#55 2008-01-13 18:23:54

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm not sure what to say to all this really. It's my hope that whatever Tony's storyline back into the show truly turns out to be, that he's given more than "surprise return character" status in the series. I honestly think the series could be on Tony's shoulders to carry as much as it is Jack, and that perhaps we get back to have to strong leads in the show like in the days of s1 with Jack and Palmer.

I even have an idle thought that maybe if there are plans for an s8 and beyond, s7 may be a 24 episode long passing of the baton from Jack to Tony? and that s8 maybe Tony centric with Jack cameos along the way? I'm thinking of the example of Stargate SG-1, where at a similar point Richard Dean Anderson stepped back and he simply became a recurring guest star.

To make people laugh at me even more with absurd comparisons, I don't think the characters of Jack and Tony are that dissimilar to Kirk and Spock. Kirk/Jack is the one people more instantly remember, but Spock/Tony is the one with more longevity and depth. Just check out the new Star Trek movie to be released this year, Leonard Nimoy as Spock is back, but Bill Shatner couldn't buy a role in the film reportedly.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#56 2008-01-13 18:29:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

dan, your words in god's ears wink. I so agree that tony and jack should carry the show together - and tony would definitely be capable of carrying the show on his own. it would be the best thing they could do with the show at this point. there's so much left unsaid and undone with tony. I'll still hope they're clever enough to see this - but seeing what they've done to milo, it's just hard to trust them... I'll still try to keep an open mind.

tony.jpg

#57 2008-01-14 16:46:46

24nut
Website

There have been a couple of photos taken that show Jack and Tony coming out of a building together, both holding guns, to me that pretty much spells it out that they will work together again, that would be awesome, but i wont get my hopes up, i loved it when Jack and Tony went into the field together. It rocked.

Last edited by 24nut (2008-01-14 16:47:06)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#58 2008-01-14 19:32:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

i loved it when Jack and Tony went into the field together. It rocked.

yeah, except things always somehow go bad for tony when he's in the field.... (not that I don't love to see him kick some butt)

tony.jpg

#59 2008-01-17 22:12:58

24nut
Website

that is true, tony seems to attract people trying to kill him, lol

#60 2008-01-18 18:47:23

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

that is true, tony seems to attract people trying to kill him, lol

bite your tongue will you! neutral

he used to be the only person immune to bauer's touch of death... for how long still?....

tony.jpg

#61 2008-01-23 17:07:17

24nut
Website

hehe, i will hold my tongue, i dont want to jinx anything. tongue

#62 2008-01-23 20:44:33

J_A
Administrator
Website

this is driving me crazy. not knowing, and not having a clue as to how long the wait will still be...

tony.jpg

#63 2008-02-16 22:14:58

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:

this is driving me crazy. not knowing, and not having a clue as to how long the wait will still be...

As you already know we're going to have to wait until January, 2009... I thought that I might as well just post it up and clean up this topic.

Board footer