24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-18 17:09:07

24nut
Website

Season 7 Preview

It's that time of the year again, the season 7 countdown is under way, 6 days and 23 hours to go.

http://www.24trailer.com/

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-10-23 18:31:18

Steveb

Re: Season 7 Preview

Anyone any idea of what to expect from this? I'm assuming as it's a trailer rather than a prequel hopefully it'll be something significantly more substantial than an elongated advert for a car.

I'd like to see if they bring out the reinvention of the show that they've being talking about all Summer, which granted is potentially difficult to do in a teaser trailer, but if they want to bring fans back on side they have to start here.

Oh btw, I've nearly finished my s7 opener now that there's been enough info given out to play with. I'll post it when it's done.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2007-10-23 19:03:33

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh that's cool, steve. does it involve, you know who? wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-10-23 19:10:49

hardy24
Administrator
Website

They did this last year, expect a proper trailer about 2 - 3 minutes in length with clips from probably the first four episodes. They usually do try and get across the different themes from the series. For example, last year they were very clear about who the new president was, and they showed Jack coming off the cargo plane.

I'd bet money on it we'd get atleast one good clear shot of you know who and maybe one quick reaction shot from Jack.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2007-10-24 08:59:27

24nut
Website

I agree with dan there, cast your mind back to the trailer from last year, we got some really good shots from crucial scenes in eps 1 - 4.

And yes i think "someone" will be in the trailer, read beneath it. They wouldn't mention it there if they had no intention on showing a clip or a reaction.

Also if you aren't very good at remembering about this, you can click on the share button and send it to an email, on windows live, rss, myscpace, facebook or you can cut the code and put it on another website.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-10-24 09:08:28)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#6 2007-10-25 09:33:27

24nut
Website

Well, i've seen the trailer, its 2:18 long, and it starts with Jack in court. But then lets just say they go in a direction with a certain someone that is quite simply ridiculous. And i dont believe for one second that thats how it will end, im sure he will have a change of mind by episode 5, you can quite clearly tell they are trying to recreate season 1.

#7 2007-10-25 12:01:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

How can you have seen the trailer?, there's still 5 hours left on the countdown? - Care To Share?

#8 2007-10-25 12:05:27

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

Well, i've seen the trailer, its 2:18 long, and it starts with Jack in court. But then lets just say they go in a direction with a certain someone that is quite simply ridiculous. And i dont believe for one second that thats how it will end, im sure he will have a change of mind by episode 5, you can quite clearly tell they are trying to recreate season 1.

don't tell me they're letting tony come in and indeed be a baddie. that's really ridiculous. but then that would mean we would have been right, MFL and I. or especially her.

ok edit: I was curious about the same thing dan, and checked out youtube, on a hunch. and it seems it  was on youtube for a while apparently. i just youtube-google-d it wink but it says it has now been removed due to violations..... obviously.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#9 2007-10-25 12:26:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

ok, I watched the prequel too. just do a little google search and dl the torrent. they indeed do bring tony back as a baddie. I don't believe this. I'm sitting here in my office at the uni and I'm screaming at the monitor. sob. and then to end the prequel like this... with jack holding tony at gunpoint?! ok I won't buy the story. tony would never kill innocents. never. not even after everything. my only hope is that he is doing what he's doing cause he has a plan and wants to infiltrate a larger organization and eventually help. cause anything else, I tell ya, would be such a bad call. sob. sob. sob. I still can't believe it. damn. no no no no no

tony.jpg

#10 2007-10-25 15:15:50

24nut
Website

Im sure that tony is not a baddie, we always get the initial villain that lasts for 7-8 eps, im sure Tony has a motive, not to be a villain, but for good, i dont buy his big comeback as a baddy, no way, and also Jack would never ever shoot him, and if they did then thats the whole premise of Jack and Tony as friends and collugues go down the pan.

Also if they reveal Tony to be the ultimate villain of the events from day one, which would be lame, then the show would loose all credibility, im sure the writers aren't stupid enough to keep him as a baddy, if he came back as a baddy and Jack pursuaded him like only Jack can then they both go after the terrorists, then that could be amazing.

I would have posted a link dan, but i wasn't sure with the rules and such and seeing as it was only 5 or so hours away, the one on the countdown may be different as the one i have seen is tagged as a UK trailer, remember last year we had alternate scenes.

Also another thing to remember is that the editing doesn't always go along with the story, so it may make Tony out to look much much worse than he actually is, this being the case when the season 6 trailer came out last year. Lets hope, and pray, and im sure by the time we watch the premiere there will be some kind of spoiler explaining this whole thing. Lets hope.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-10-25 15:18:36)

#11 2007-10-25 17:16:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Ok, seen the trailer for Die Hard 4, oops, sorry, 24 Series 7.

I can look past "Tony's a villian", well not look past, but suspend judgement. Obviously there has to be a turn about somewhere, though I'm hoping it's more than just "actually i'm still good, I was just faking  be bad"

What I am a bit disappointed about is Jack first seeing Tony by way of a computer screen, and then having a similar reaction to Audrey seeing Jack's face on the CCTV footage in series 5.

Setting thoose things aside, I think it does look good, by that I mean production values, level of excitement etc.

More thoughts to follow probably.

#12 2007-10-25 17:21:01

24nut
Website

lol, i tottaly agree with the die hard 4 comment tongue

Kiefer looks genuinly shocked when he see's Tony's fave, but i wanted Tony to come up behind him and scare him to death.

#13 2007-10-25 17:37:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I've put an mp4 of the trailer up on the main page. May have to take it down if my server gets hammered.

It would seem the UK version is what got leaked, and thats what i've got up on the site. Seems odd to have different versions.

#14 2007-10-25 17:58:06

24nut
Website

There is no difference between the uk and the Us apart from the end, the us version says when it is on, the date and such, the uk just says 24. Are we, as fan sites allowed to legally put the trailer up for download?, because i can host it up on my server and people can use that if your server gets flawed, i got tons of spare bandwith going unused.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-10-25 17:59:46)

#15 2007-10-25 18:12:56

Steveb

I have a good feeling about this. You don't bring Tony back for the first four episodes only to kill him off. They could have done that with any two-bit character. If he's back there's a reason behind it.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#16 2007-10-25 18:20:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

Are we, as fan sites allowed to legally put the trailer up for download?, because i can host it up on my server and people can use that if your server gets flawed, i got tons of spare bandwith going unused.

It's a grey area, I would think the answer is technically no, but what TV company is going to huff and puff over someone giving them free advertising my offering a mirror of what they themselves are doing.

I've got it up at http://www.24fans.com/Media/day7preview.mp4 , feel free to put it up on your webspace, and I could maybe direct people to your hosting if mine gets a little sluggish.

#17 2007-10-26 07:32:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Just read on wikipedia that the only other notable difference between the UK and US versions of the trailer is a line of Jack's commenting how he's going to enjoy torturing a suspect.

#18 2007-10-26 09:52:03

24nut
Website

yeah, that was left out in the US version, probably with all the controversy going around the whole torture business.

#19 2007-10-26 11:33:37

deadmanmoz

Just watched the trailer, no no no.
Tony bad guy, NO!
Although he did look mean with his new "Villian look"

When i look at him as a bad guy i start to believe it, here's why.
I imagine him being so annoyed at the writers for killing off Michelle and then Tony in s^^t ways so he goes bad.
Okay slightly random way of looking at it but sometimes i wanna go all "Villian" when i think about Michelle and Tony dying!

at the mo im not convinced into watching 24 day 7

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#20 2007-10-26 18:49:41

ssfsx17

24nut wrote:

yeah, that was left out in the US version, probably with all the controversy going around the whole torture business.

That, and John McCain publicly stated that Jack Bauer was a bad influence. I can understand why he might feel that way, of course.

#21 2007-10-27 00:28:34

Steph24
Website

I saw it yesterday and I only have two big things. One, I never really liked that person coming back because personally, I thought he was dead, and now's he come back from the dead? Just kinda making things a little more unrealistic, to a show some are already calling not realistic. Then he comes back as a baddy, and oh my, what happened to him? I'm not buying it for now... but I'm just kinda, I can't describe.

And I totally agree! When it came down to the plot, I thought I was watching a Live Free or Die Hard commercial. (I loved that movie by the way) but if it is just exactly like it, I'll have to pass this season up... Oh well, I'll see.

I hope the show doesn't get critized again for torture as I've heard that the UK Version, which I also saw, has Jack "enjoying" a torturing.

steph24.jpg

#22 2007-10-27 19:22:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

i haven't had the time to read your messages yet but I'll do so when I get back home. but I did want to say one thing that I was thinking about. possibly, tony could simply be planning a diversion? i.e. that he is only pretending to be working for the terrorists in order to help jack apprehend them eventually? I hope I'm right.... talk to you guys tomorrow night as I get back home.

tony.jpg

#23 2007-10-27 22:55:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

i haven't had the time to read your messages yet but I'll do so when I get back home. but I did want to say one thing that I was thinking about. possibly, tony could simply be planning a diversion? i.e. that he is only pretending to be working for the terrorists in order to help jack apprehend them eventually? I hope I'm right.... talk to you guys tomorrow night as I get back home.

Possibly, although that really does seem too simple, too obvious, and i'd be quite disappointed if it was that straight forward, I said earlier.

In Die Hard 4, the villian who carries out on the surface a very similar plot is an American, who helped design the post 9/11 technological infrastucture he is now attacking. And it's hinted quickly in the film thats he's doing it because his superiors didn't listen to him and implement all his recommendations when he told them an attack like the one he eventually carries out could happen, and (if your still with me) that he was doing it, simply to prove a point. Although really the film doesn't deal with that idea that well, infact it's raised, and then forgotten. So....

Maybe, if 24 seem to be nicking the threat, maybe they might have a go at dealing with some of these issues in a better way than Die Hard did. Thinking about how this tie-ins with Tony's true motivation, maybe he's doing it to further dismantle the intelligence infrastructure which he believes is fundamentally broken so that it can be rebuilt from the ground up. Possibly leading some interesting discussions with Jack as perhaps he sees the system as flawed, but not broken, and that both Jack and Tony may have divergent views on these fundamental ideas of counter-terrorism.

I'm not sure, just spit balling, but I do think there are some interesting directions that the season could go in.

And my only big complaint about the trailer really was that we didn't see new shaven, hard edge tony take a sip of coffee from his cubs mug. - But maybe's that a bit of mis direction as the entire plot is actually a diversion so he can raid a government warehouse where they are holding his personal effects.

But truthfully they have to get the mug in. I reckon it should even get it's own subplot, or atleast a box shortly after it's first appearance.

#24 2007-10-27 23:28:12

Steveb

If Tony really is the villain then it'd be a great symbolic gesture to have the cubs mug get destroyed as a symbol of the shattered relationship of Jack and Tony.

#25 2007-10-28 10:02:21

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Maybe, though i'm going for Tony carrying out part one of his evil plot, then as he looks on from his shadowy command centre takes an evil victory sip from it. How baddass would that be!?!

Board footer