24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-22 20:41:26

24nut
Website

How can 24 get back to Season 1?

Now, i know a lot of people didn't like Season 6 and my opinion is that they tried to squash too many storylines into the 24 hours. There were some amazing scenes, but ultimately it was mixed and confused.

Now we had nukes, terrorists, family revelations, deaths and pretty much everything else. Now people regard Season 1 as the best season of 24, i think thats because it was fresh and new and storylines like that had never been seen on tv, but what sort of storyline do you think they could use that would match season 1?

I think that the season has to start with a goal and work towards it till the finale, having about 6 subplots is not right, for example at the beggining of day 6, it started well, we had that personal issues with Jack going on and then it dissapeared and we had a government conspiracy, but it just didn't add up like season 1.

I think they should set something up that starts in episode 1 and finish it in the finale, every episode inbetween is working towards that, just like season 1. There are other seasons that accomplished that but season 1 is the most prominant. Im probably rambling here, but what are your thoughts?

ps. The reason i posted this in the spoiler section was so that we could include certain announcements.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-22 20:42:11)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-09-23 10:16:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: How can 24 get back to Season 1?

well, it's like we mentioned before. It's also my opinion that having one big story arc would be preferable to having x subplots and y villains that you can't keep track of. if they're "revamping" anything, that's where they should start. now, as for the announcement you're hinting at, I don't think that bringing characters back from the dead will suffice to save the sinking ship that season 6 could be regarded as. if they don't get a good - ONE good storyline - then a resurrection just won't cut it.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-02-16 22:11:00

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:

well, it's like we mentioned before. It's also my opinion that having one big story arc would be preferable to having x subplots and y villains that you can't keep track of. if they're "revamping" anything, that's where they should start. now, as for the announcement you're hinting at, I don't think that bringing characters back from the dead will suffice to save the sinking ship that season 6 could be regarded as. if they don't get a good - ONE good storyline - then a resurrection just won't cut it.

I firmly believe that we can get back to the quality of season 1 (season 2 in my opinion) by having Tony back simply because he is a favourite of the show that people didn't want to be killed off returning from his supposed death.

#4 2008-02-17 00:38:59

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Past Present Fortune wrote:

I firmly believe that we can get back to the quality of season 1 (season 2 in my opinion) by having Tony back simply because he is a favourite of the show that people didn't want to be killed off returning from his supposed death.

I think it will take more than that personally.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2008-02-17 10:34:57

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

I guess we'll see but I'm very happy to see Tony's back.

#6 2008-02-17 13:16:32

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

well, to be honest, tony has saved the show before - say, in season 4. but this time, it will depend on what they do with him.

bring him back as truly bad and I swear to almeida I will stop watching. I cannot watch him die again. and be honest, how many bad guys ever survived? .. sure, they could make him into a nina and give him two or three seasons of being bad before they kill him. but what a legacy of a godly character... and I'm surely not the only one to think that way.

bring him back and have his villany be a hoax, make him actually be undercover and working with jack - the show will be saved and so will my faith.

but just putting him there to kill him again will NOT do the trick.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2008-02-17 17:44:09

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:
hardy24 wrote:

well, to be honest, tony has saved the show before - say, in season 4. but this time, it will depend on what they do with him.

bring him back as truly bad and I swear to almeida I will stop watching. I cannot watch him die again. and be honest, how many bad guys ever survived? .. sure, they could make him into a nina and give him two or three seasons of being bad before they kill him. but what a legacy of a godly character... and I'm surely not the only one to think that way.

bring him back and have his villany be a hoax, make him actually be undercover and working with jack - the show will be saved and so will my faith.

but just putting him there to kill him again will NOT do the trick.

I agree he is a good character but in my opinion he has never saved a season before... let's face it people... Jack is the real godly character of 24.

#8 2008-02-17 17:54:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I agree he is a good character but in my opinion he has never saved a season before... let's face it people... Jack is the real godly character of 24.

I believe that actually what makes 24 a great or what made 24 a great show depending on how you look at it, was not Jack or any individual character, but the format, and an overal ensemble of characters.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#9 2008-02-22 21:06:10

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:

I believe that actually what makes 24 a great or what made 24 a great show depending on how you look at it, was not Jack or any individual character, but the format, and an overal ensemble of characters.

That is the most true thing I have read on these forums... but what can I say... I'm addicted to Jack.

#10 2008-02-23 12:17:38

Steveb

The good thing about bringing Tony back is the character is fully-developed. That's the biggest fault I have with seasons 4-6. Too many half-baked characters who inevitably seemed like shadows of previous more well-rounded characters. And even the well-created ones ie Logan and Martha were spuriously shoe-horned back into the storyline just to get them back on-screen, thereby damaging them.

With regards what they'll do with Tony when they bring him back, the key thing about the trailer, is they never tell you too much. S6 all we knew is Jack had to die. We didn't know that Fayed was stage-managing the whole thing. So it's quite possible that Tony coming back as "evil" is a hook, and that he'll be working undercover.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

Board footer