24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-14 23:04:22

24nut
Website

What is your favourite season of 24?

every 24 forums needs this poll, so simply pick your favourite. Mine is season 1, but the others are very close, feel free to post your favourites in order.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-04-14 23:48:46

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What is your favourite season of 24?

Yes, you need one of these polls every so often.

My favourites in order.

1. Season 1
= 2. Season 2
= 2. Season 5
= 4. Season 3
= 4. Season 6*
6. Season 4

*provisional

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-15 09:27:45

Steveb

Seaosn two is my favourite, because it had the most complete story. However, season one in terms of acheivement and quality is a very close second (the fact that it is effectively two shorter series patched together means it loses out). Next would probably be 3 and 5 joint- with have many many great moments, but some glaringly awful ones too. I haven't seen enough of 6 to comment properly but currently it would probably be in joint third as well.

There seems to be something about shows that mean they can't write a decent fourth season and 24 isn't an exception. It's incredibly fragmented and contains two of the worst episodes of the series ever written.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2007-04-15 09:54:25

24nut
Website

well as season 6 stands at the moment, i think this is my order:

Season 1
Season 3
Season 2
Season 5
Season 6
Season 4

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2007-04-15 12:15:33

Nero

1. Season 3 and Season 5
2. Season 1
3. Season 2
4. Season 4

Season 6 I won't comment on because I've only seen the first four eps but they were some of the best 24 I've ever watched.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#6 2007-04-15 13:36:25

24nut
Website

Nero wrote:

I've only seen the first four eps but they were some of the best 24 I've ever watched.

I agree with you there, those episodes are amazing.

#7 2007-04-15 14:25:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:
Nero wrote:

I've only seen the first four eps but they were some of the best 24 I've ever watched.

I agree with you there, those episodes are amazing.

Yes, although looking back i'd say that actually only episode 4 would make it on to a "best of the best" list.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#8 2007-04-15 15:06:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, the way things currently stand it's season 3 for me, probably because of the most Tony Go(o)dness cool big_smile.

the order, probably

season 3
season 1
season 2
season 4
season 6
season 5

although I haven't seen past ep 13 of 24 s6 yet so that order might still change!

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#9 2007-04-16 01:19:28

Nero

Loved season 3. The thing that I think has let down the latter season has been the Villians. I mean season 1 we had Gaines who was just one bad ass guy, I mean the moment you saw him and the way he talked and was potrayed you instantly though "Here is a bad guy"

Same with Saunders and too an extent Michael Amador.  I personally loved Amador, also loved the Drazens. Season 2 Marie Warner and Kingsley were good. I did like Nina.

That's the major draw back for the latter season was the Villians, Marawan just got to be annoying, personally I prefered Navi Araz too him. Navi just had something about him that was creepy and he felt like a decent Villian.

I loved Logan as a villian in season 5, he caused such anger in me, in the way that a real villian should, I absouloutely hated him. He played the role amazingly.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

#10 2007-04-16 12:59:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

you're very right. it looked as if after season 3 they just couldn't pick the right actors or give them the right storylines or something. you're supposed to love the heroes and hate the villains and the only one I truly hated after s3 was indeed logan. and that has to do with what he did just as much as with the way itzin played the character

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#11 2007-04-16 20:05:36

Nero

Exactly.

He was amazing, both in the way he was potrayed and the things he did. There were times when he was a pure bastard and moments later he was a completely different person and it was great to watch the changes.

Formerly neromaguire

#12 2007-04-16 21:08:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

that's what an actor's job is all about now, isn't it smile

tony.jpg

#13 2007-04-25 05:04:02

TonyAlmeida

season 2 was just to much for me

I loved every minute (excpet Kim and the Cougar lol)

but 6 has been damn good as well

#14 2007-06-25 15:12:00

Steveb

Going back to the choice of villains, I think part of the problem is not the villain so much as the number of them. The first seasons had one or two major villains which kept things nice and simple. While season four has only one major villain- it has far too many minor villains whose role seems to be carry out part of the plan then get shot. It gets far too complicated. I'm not going to comment too much on the s5 and 6 setup as it's the wrong section, but I'm sure those who've seen them will see a similar problem with the number of villains.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#15 2007-06-25 17:30:03

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Going back to the choice of villains, I think part of the problem is not the villain so much as the number of them. The first seasons had one or two major villains which kept things nice and simple. While season four has only one major villain- it has far too many minor villains whose role seems to be carry out part of the plan then get shot. It gets far too complicated. I'm not going to comment too much on the s5 and 6 setup as it's the wrong section, but I'm sure those who've seen them will see a similar problem with the number of villains.

yes I said this exact thing in a thread somewhere, too, so I completely agree. it is two problems. one, the actual villain as it is, and second, the number.

tony.jpg

#16 2008-02-16 15:48:06

Past Present Fortune

Mine definitely has to be season 2 but season 5 was almost as good as it, not forgetting the instant classic that is season 1.

#17 2008-08-30 16:55:10

24roxmysox3

My favorite was totally season 3.  i LOVED the whole season...Tony getting shot was so unexpected and was a huge OMG moment for me, (Am i aloud to say omg? sorry if i'm not!) Also loved it because of Tony and Michelle, but that's a given, right?  also loved how nina came back...   But season 2 was up there as well.  and seasons 1 4 were amazing too.  Still havn't seen 5 and 6, but my order is 3, then i can't decide between 1 2 and 4 bcause, honestly, i thought they were all good.  but i loved michelle's kick-butt attitude in season 3, she was totally awsome!

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#18 2008-08-30 17:55:39

Steveb

Season three is Carlos Bernard's favourite season mainly because I think he got some good stuff to do. Tony getting shot completely threw me as well the first time I saw it and I still have trouble trying to figure out exactly how the whole sting operation was supposed to work as quite a lot of it seemed to be pure luck.

#19 2008-08-30 18:50:16

24roxmysox3

Yeah but a lot of the show is luck. Jack would be long dead now if it weren't for luck.  I mean, how many bullets can miss you in one show, right? no one ever seems to hit him.  But I guess that's a good thing, right?  But yeah, Carlos had a lot of fun stuff to do in that season.  so did Reiko.  that's probebly why it's my favorite!

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#20 2008-08-30 21:14:14

Steveb

I agree with you, but it just struck me that the whole concept of the sting operation wasn't so much set in stone as it was pin the tail on the donkey with guns.

#21 2008-08-30 21:50:21

24roxmysox3

lol totally true...100% true...it wasn't set in stone, it was like pin the tail on the donkey, just 15 times more dangerous.  and everyone but Jack eventually dies off, so nothing is set in stone on this show, which is part of the fun, right?

#22 2008-08-30 23:14:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Season three is Carlos Bernard's favourite season mainly because I think he got some good stuff to do. Tony getting shot completely threw me as well the first time I saw it and I still have trouble trying to figure out exactly how the whole sting operation was supposed to work as quite a lot of it seemed to be pure luck.

yup, his, mine and MFL's big_smile. it's tony's best season by far, I think also because of the whole "promising agent with a future" to "traitor" storyline is such a good, unexpected and painful story arc. and shows just where he's different from jack. oh well, we've beaten that horse long enough.

tony.jpg

#23 2008-08-30 23:16:07

24roxmysox3

Is he really [spoiler]going to be evil[/spoiler]
or is that just a rumor?

(edited by J_A. I put the spoilery bit in spoiler tags) smile

#24 2008-08-31 11:23:23

Steveb

If you go over to the season 7 section then the trailer should be up somewhere. Draw your own conclusions from that. I won't say anymore as it's a bit spoilery for this section.

#25 2008-08-31 23:53:54

24roxmysox3

sorry i didn't mean to do that I am super sorry!!!!!!!!

Board footer