24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-08-28 12:12:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Which 24 season did you first see?

oh, no, I do get you, I do. and I agree, but I think we had that to a point. after all, she was about to kill kim, and jack at first, did shoot her to protect kim. what happened next of course, was murder. hehe. watched too much CSI, methinks!

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#27 2008-08-29 08:43:06

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I've with Steve on this, Jack shooting Nina should have been a bigger moment, should have been outside of CTU, at one of those times Jack was 'rogue'.

In the moment Jack shot Nina he was too clinical, to precise, which isn't a realistic mood for Jack to be in when killing someone who has caused him so much pain.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#28 2008-08-30 02:10:25

24roxmysox3

Actually, i kinda liked the way it happned, but i guess thats only because i really liked nina and didn't want her to get, like, tortured or anything!  But Jack totally deserved to kill her.  But i do agree, i wish he would have done it a bit better, been a little madder or something, something more dramatic.  but it was fine the way it was, I thought.

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#29 2008-08-30 10:16:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I've with Steve on this, Jack shooting Nina should have been a bigger moment, should have been outside of CTU, at one of those times Jack was 'rogue'.

In the moment Jack shot Nina he was too clinical, to precise, which isn't a realistic mood for Jack to be in when killing someone who has caused him so much pain.

possibly, but I think maybe the idea behind it was "oh, here's the moment, we got to do it now or he won't get another chance! lol you know, kinda like the thing that should be. I think we had a moment of "dirt" in mexico when he was alone with her and would have shot her but couldn't, putting the mission first. and then, later on, nina simply outlived her usefulness. jokes aside, I really don't see how they could have killed her in another way in the context of that storyline. other than having her escape CTU and jack to find her and kill her, without ansy security cameras and all. I'll bet that they thought about it but chose the way they did it for some reason only they know of.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#30 2008-09-11 04:09:51

24roxmysox3

I think they killed her off at the right time, even though she was an amazing character, one of my favorites.  But she didn't really have much left in her, you know?  J_A is right...they had the kind of dirt moment in mexico, and then later in the season he just killed her off because she had nothing left.

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#31 2008-09-20 00:34:51

ChloeFan817

Season 1 got me hooked from the first episode after the plane explosion I couldnt stop watching, things like that never happen in first episodes of anything.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#32 2008-09-20 09:35:20

Steveb

I dunno, it was pretty important to the pilot of LOST that a plane crashed wink

But I know what you mean, the sheer adrenaline rush of that first episode was amazing. Plus the fine details- particularly the real time references were superb.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#33 2008-09-20 16:52:43

ChloeFan817

Yeah I know it was completely new,and how he shot George I was like this guy would do anything.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

Board footer