24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-12 18:44:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

Which 24 season did you first see?

Simple question, what season did you start with? What event made you say, 'Oh I wanna keep watching this!'

for me, as mentioned elsewhere, it was the pilot of season 1. or rather, when I first saw a commercial for it, I knew I wanted to see it and that I'd love it.

please do not discuss anything from seasons 5 and 6 here, but you're free to discuss anything that may have gotten you hooked on the show from seasons 1 through 4.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-04-12 20:09:06

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Which 24 season did you first see?

I was hooked from the pilot. I remember it quite vividly, it was a sunday night, i'd seen the show mentioned in a roundup of notable tv sometime that week. I was actually planning on recording it because it was on at 10 (and I had school the next day). But I was up and just told myself i'd watch the first few minutes then watch the rest later on the tape.

To be honest there wasn't any one thing which got me hooked, it was simply all of it. It was one of those rather occasions when everything was perfect, organic - nothing jared and it immediately built up it's pace and it was all so cool, the ticking 24 logo right at the start, kiefer saying opening for the first time, which I swear made my spine tingle just a little (even though I wasn't sure who's voice it was at the time), I do remember mentally think "cooooollll" when the it finished "events occur in real time" and then opened and they were in another timezone and I thought that this would be a show which would jump around alot but that they gave the viewer credit and that they would be smart enough to follow.

After it had finished I went to bed, my mind buzzing, thinking of all the possibly places the plot could go from where it and left off, and believe me buzzing is the right term because for me the show as like a drug, monday through till sunday night I would crave my fix. Then I would get my fix sunday night and come out of it wanted the next episode even more than I had the last.

Those where the days.

Anyway i'm turning this into an AA meeting sorry, someone else go.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-12 20:31:09

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Those where the days.

Anyway i'm turning this into an AA meeting. sorry, someone else go.

LOL. Yeah. those were the days! big_smile BauerBlood running in the veins, the craving of the body to keep up the BauerDrug level between one ep and the next (doesn't my username say it all??), the don't trust anybody theme slowly creeping into the real world, "picking up a thread" between AlmeidaIsGod and the Unfaithful, the alarm clock inside the head ticking a bleep four or five times in a row, yellow 2s and 4s in front of the eyes, the forever favorite number being 24, not being able to eat, drink, sleep or go to the loo for 24 hours straight - hold on, got distracted here, that's what THEY do lol

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-04-12 21:20:33

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

AlmeidaIsGod and the Unfaithful

lol, love those nicknames.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2007-04-13 07:28:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

AlmeidaIsGod and the Unfaithful

lol, love those nicknames.

hehe, thank you cool *bows*

tony.jpg

#6 2007-04-13 19:24:02

M F Luder

For me, I think it was the first few eps of s2. I had watched s1 when they first aired it here, but it didn't totally get me hooked. Then around new year's another affiliate of the main channel showning 24 here did a marathon of s1 and I figured that ,"hey this is actually pretty good," and started following s2 on a regular basis and got hooked smile.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#7 2007-04-14 22:49:36

24nut
Website

very simple for me, i was hooked from episode 1 of season 1, and i still think that Season 1 is the best season, although the others closely follow, apart from that one episode that is not to be mentioned here tongue

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#8 2007-04-15 09:28:20

Steveb

Right from the pilot.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#9 2007-04-15 15:07:40

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

... apart from that one episode that is not to be mentioned here tongue

I'm glad you paid attention tongue

tony.jpg

#10 2007-04-16 01:26:42

Nero

Season 1 for me. From the first few moments the season started I knew it was something special, and then with the plane explosion at the end of the ep I was amazed, considering this is the type of thing to only happen in the season finale of a show or in a movie, where as 24 managed to do it in the first episode of their series and as the show progressed managed to keep up the pace and the drama.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#11 2007-04-16 10:50:54

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

LOL. Yeah. those were the days! big_smile BauerBlood running in the veins, the craving of the body to keep up the BauerDrug level between one ep and the next (doesn't my username say it all??), the don't trust anybody theme slowly creeping into the real world, :

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I really enjoyed season 5 when it was aired here, but had never heard of 24, or Kiefer Sutherland before. I was totally hooked by his focus, his intensity, and of course the plot which just kept going and going. Since then I've bought all the DVD sets and some of the novels. I struggle to find enough outlets for my 24 addiction, so then I turn to playing around with the characters in my own imagination, stuff between seasons, and surfing the net. I love the Kiefer rocks website and sometimes go on it just to hear him say "I want your complete attention..." How sad is that?

#12 2007-04-16 12:52:39

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh you're definitely not the only one. most of us here were or still are addicted, and that has some serious similarities with a real addiction wink to 24 or one or the other character on the show. hehe.

and as for "I want your complete attention"... I have that sound and many other 24 / kiefer sounds defining a sound scheme on my computer, and every time something happens and the computer needs to tell me something, Kiefer does it for it big_smile (or Carlos, i.e. Tony wink)

tony.jpg

#13 2007-04-25 05:09:27

TonyAlmeida

it actually started with seeing season 3 on tv, an d getting hooked in the middle... and then havign to go back to season 1 later

#14 2007-05-01 08:51:23

J_A
Administrator
Website

so have you seen all of the seasons now?

tony.jpg

#15 2007-06-01 07:48:08

Sam Smith

season 3 i guess.

i first saw a trailer of the season 3 DVD.  then i just decided to watch the show id never heard of before. i actually only saw 3 or 4 episodes of season 3 (first of all). Heh.

presidentoj5.jpg

#16 2007-07-26 14:46:21

emma143
Website

For me Season 1 Episode 1....I had heard my parents rave about it and they had watched 1, 2 &3 when they were aired. I then was shopping in Musiczone (of all places) and found S1 and S2 on VHS in a bargin bin!!!! And thought hey they sound good from what my parents have said so went home armed with the 2 box sets (*which set me back £9 in total) and well....i am hooked....can't wait for my DVD player to be fixed

Emz
x
εїз

4B, 6A, 1A* and the geek rules supreme (but still cant spell)

#17 2008-02-16 15:45:53

Past Present Fortune

I watched season 1 in it's entirety first so I'll definitely go with season 1.

#18 2008-08-24 19:36:14

24roxmysox3

I know no one has writen on this topic in a while but when i got hooked is quite interesting, it was like a specific episode. 

I got hooked on 10 p.m.-11 p.m. during season 1.  I then watched seasons 2 and 3 just to see what happned to Nina, but i had to rewatch those seasons to catch everything that wasn't aphiliated with Nina.  So yeah.

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#19 2008-08-25 13:25:07

Steveb

So had you watched all of season one up to that point or did you jump in there?

I always think it's a slight shame if you know how the nina storyline plays out before you see season one. How did it work out for you?

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#20 2008-08-25 13:46:22

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah, I'm glad I saw all seasons in their intended order, I think the whole "Agent Myers is a traitor" storyline has to hit you in 1-24 before you see any of the later seasons in order to have the impact it should. I'm always interested in hearing how it works out for ppl who see later seasons first. I don't know if you can ever get attached to her as a "good" character when you know that she isn't... I know that, the first time we rewatched s1, I saw everything nina did from the angle of "oh, she has her own agenda" and it was never the same as the first time when I was "naive" regaring her plans.

tony.jpg

#21 2008-08-27 04:05:00

24roxmysox3

no i saw them in the order they came in, but that was when i was like, "OK, I have to see them all now!"

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#22 2008-08-27 12:03:07

Steveb

The best way of doing it. smile Were you happy with how they concluded the nina storyline? I'm still slightly ambivalent about the whole thing, the last scene felt a bit abrupt.

#23 2008-08-28 03:39:59

24roxmysox3

Yeah i wish they would have told us about it a little sooner than the very end of the 2nd to last episode, but it is what it is, and they made it look amazing!!! (I know i said i wouldn't be on for a while, but here i am!)  Anyway, I thought it was good, but you're right, it was a little abrupt.

#24 2008-08-28 09:07:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh, 24rox, I think you're referring to the end of season 1, and there, I have to say that it was a great decision of them not to tell us any earlier. this way it was a brilliant WTF effect! lol and it totally came unexpected.

but steve, I believe, is referring to nina's end, to jack killing her in season 3. my personal opinion on that is that jack simply HAD to be the one to kill her, and it was unavoidable. any other way wouldn't have worked. as for it being a bit abrupt, maybe they were aiming for the similar kind of effect as when they told us she was bad in the first place. here it was at least quick and relatively painless for her wink

tony.jpg

#25 2008-08-28 09:42:38

Steveb

I agree Jack had to kill her, but it just felt as if they were killing her off for the sake of it, rather than it having built to that point. I wanted more of a John Woo stand-off moment I think; a proper Jack vs. Nina showdown as opposed to him shooting her in cold blood.

Perhaps that's just me, lol.

Board footer