24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-10 19:00:03

24nut
Website

Initial plot idea scrapped

The initial plot idea for season 7 has been scrapped, it looks like they were trying to be a bit ambitious and actually go to africa and film and due to budget requirements set by Fox, the decided to start over. Seems like they are really digging deep for a good plot for next season.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-24-Plot/800018254

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-07-10 19:02:02

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Initial plot idea scrapped

digging just ain't gonna cut it wink. I hope they find something

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2007-07-10 20:08:18

24nut
Website

yeah, me too. Although i still have faith.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2007-07-10 21:21:05

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm interested to know just how they thought they could afford to film in Africa on a TV budget in the first place.

I hope this doesn't put too much pressure on the writers, and that the storyline we do get isn't too "second choice"

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2007-07-10 22:13:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah exactly, dan. then again, isn't hollywood the dream factory? can't they make it SEEM like they're shooting in africa?.. just a thought there.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-07-11 00:12:49

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Even that takes a fare sized budget, and so it would have to be for a very good reason, and they'd probably have to be certain that they would "be" in africa for a could chunk of episodes so they could hopefully spread the cost over those episodes.

It could be done, but it's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Edit: According to another article on this, they did search for locations near L.A. that could double as Africa, but came up empty.

#7 2007-07-11 13:31:02

smitten

Don't have much to add, really except that I also hope there's some real inspiration in the plot this time. I wonder if what they really need (hate to say this) is a bit of time off, doing something else. The same writers (it is still the same writers, isn't it?) have been at this for six years now, and they're bound to get tired of doing the same thing. I know the contracts are signed, but the quality of the show is just too important!

#8 2007-07-11 15:32:34

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It's roughly the same writers, though there has been a some departures and some new arrivals over the course of thoose six years.

At the start of series five a fair few new faces where added to the staff.

#9 2007-07-24 20:29:23

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Howard Gordon, exec producer and current show runners has given a very interesting interview on this , be warned there are other spoilers for s7 in there, but it's a very interesting read, http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2257

#10 2007-07-29 16:52:07

smitten

Just wondering what people think about the latest spoilerish stuff that's out there, especially about bringing Tony back. I must admit I have quite a problem with bringing Tony back after we all saw him die. OK, it was a senseless death, and he deserved a better one, but are we really to believe that after Jack cradles him in his arms and cries, medics come along, revive him, and Jack doesn't even notice? It goes against all the rules of 24 - which is firmly set in reality. Tony is dead. (I feel a bit like John Cleese in the dead parrot sketch.)

#11 2007-07-29 17:49:11

J_A
Administrator
Website

i think you should go and read earlier threads and discussions on this topic. not to be mean or anything, but we discussed this at such length that it's just too much of a pain to go through it again. hence I won't say anything about that any more.

tony.jpg

#12 2007-07-30 16:38:49

smitten

Jings, I see what you mean, Jack Addict! I missed all that, coz I was avoiding spoilers till the end of season 6. Not that it did me any good...

Anyway, leaving him aside, the theme I pick up from these tidbits is Jack's karma catching up with him. Whether he's doing voluntary work in Africa or testifying in the senate, it's about him being called to account. I think that's the angle they're going for, and I hope it works.

Board footer